ANTaR ACT is the local branch of ANTaR – Australia’s main non-Indigenous organisation for reconciliation. We’re dedicated to supporting the rights of First Nations people through public campaigns and advocacy.
What we do
- works with local Indigenous organisations and other community organisations
- hosts local events to promote reconciliation
- supports ANTaR’s national campaigns at a grassroots level.
There are many ways to support the rights and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, depending on your skills, interests and available time.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved with our work:
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter (enter your details in the box on the side) to find out more about events in Canberra, from ANTaR ACT and other groups with a focus on First Nations culture and issues.
- Attend our monthly ANTaR ACT Committee meetings to discuss current issues, campaign for change and organise events. Our meetings are usually at 6pm on the second Monday of each month, by Zoom and/or in person. All are welcome. For details, please contact email@example.com.
- Help run ANTaR ACT stalls at local events to raise awareness and sell First Nations music, literature and crafts.
- Write in support of our campaigns. See the ANTaR National website: antar.org.au
- Make a donation or organise a fundraising event to support ANTaR ACT or ANTaR National.
Contact us if you want to find out more about supporting reconciliation in the ACT: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by joining the conversation on Facebook.
Keep our hands moving!
ANTaR has a collection of ‘hands’ in six colours, suitable to support discussion of reconciliation and recognition. If you would like to borrow our hands for an event or learning opportunity, book through ANTaR National: antar.org.au/seaofhands.
For an example of how the hands have been used previously, see this article about the Sea of Hands installation in February 2014 to celebrate the sixth anniversary of the National Apology and the 50th anniversary of AIATSIS.