2-4pm: Lena Karmel Lodge Rooftop, 26 Barry Drive The ACT Greens are hosting a National Reconciliation Week afternoon tea. The event will feature a panel of speakers who will share their reflections on issues that are significant for Indigenous Australians living in the ACT. Entry is free although a donation is welcome, as well as any contributions of delectable snacks for the afternoon tea. Guest speakers include:
- Ms Roslyn Brown, Co-Chair of the United Ngunnawal Elders Council (UNEC)
- Ms Caroline Hughes, Centre Director of CIT’s Yurauna Centre, also alternative member of UNEC
- Mr Ross Fowler, member of the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body (ATSIEB)
- Ms Jo Chivers, member of ATSIEB
- Ms Robyn Martin, Manager Beryl Women’s Refuge and this year’s ACT’s Woman of the Year
There will be opportunities for a Q&A session and more informal discussions over afternoon tea. This event is open to all Greens members, their families and friends. Further information is available on the ACT Greens website.